Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dust Of Snow

Dust of Snow

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree
Has given my heart 
A change of mood,
And saved some part
Of a day I rued.
           ~ Robert Frost ~


     Do you know how it is that on some days, whether the sky outside is sunny or sullen, it is gray inside your heart? But then something happens; something as small as finding a child's smudged handprint on the windowpane, or walking through a gust of golden leaves, or stepping out your front door into a sudden sunset...and then the gray goes away.

     That is why I like this poem.

     The bird you see is a raven rather than a crow, but he insisted on posing for this post. He likes poetry. I bought him from Amber Alexander and call him Quoth because he appears to be a very literary bird from the days of yore. He perches in my stairwell rather than above my chamber door and he never speaks–at least he hasn't yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment